Hours per week: 20 – 25
Start Date: As soon as available
Compensation: $20,000 - $22,000
Reports to: Pastoral Team and Elders
Contact: Sue Pruitt at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application packet
Deadline: When position is filled
2nd Street Community Church is currently seeking a Worship Arts Pastor with a heart to serve and lead others in worship. This is a permanent part-time position with flexible scheduling.
Qualifications: We are looking for someone who has a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a biblical understanding of how to communicate spiritual truth through the arts. Musical proficiency on a lead instrument and experience leading a band and vocalists in groups or individually is required. Applicants will have a solid knowledge of contemporary and traditional worship music and be able to build teams to lead the Sunday gatherings in music and singing. Applicants will have the ability to arrange charts for various and diverse instrumentation in order to utilize the broad spectrum of musicians presently on our team, and format music to be singable, and approachable to those who gather. Applicants will have the ability to work with artists and actors to incorporate dramatic and artistic expressions of worship into our gatherings. Applicants must embrace the mission and heart of 2nd Street.
Core Competencies of All 2nd Street Pastors:
The 2nd Street Worship Arts Pastor will be an integrated member of the pastoral team at 2nd Street. This position will be reviewed on an annual basis through a peer review process administered by the other members of the pastoral team and reported for approval to the elders.
The Worship Arts Pastor will:
1. Model servant leadership, spiritual and relational wholeness.
“Walk the talk.”
2. Motivate the community to Christlike transformation.
“Let’s become more like Jesus Christ by Loving God, Loving People and Serving Our World”
3. Cast vision and turn vision into action.
“Dream big and DO something!”
4. Empower members of the church community to do the work of ministry.
“Perpetually work yourself out of a job.”
5. Encourage members of the church community as they minister.
“Rejoice when the spotlight is on someone else.”
Shared Pastoral Responsibilities:
1. Discern together ways to help disciple the body into living out the mission more fully. Discuss ideas with staff and discern together the best ways to implement missional thinking and activities together.
2. Disciple groups and individuals within your sphere of responsibility by suggesting resources to help foster growth in their relationship with Jesus, each other, and the greater Newberg community.
3. Connect with visitors via both phone and/or email as the ministry support staff and or 2nd Street members make you aware.
4. Participate in the annual 2nd Street Staff retreat.
5. Attend staff meetings.
Worship Arts Pastor Sphere of Responsibility and Duties:
The Worship Arts Ministry uses music, drama, and the applied arts to bring praise to God, to portray His attributes and character, to share Biblical truths, to express devotion and love to Him, to experience His conviction, and to bring people into relationship with Christ. Our worship is offered to GOD, and WE are changed in the offering. Through diversity in people, style, and delivery, the Worship Arts Ministry exists to accomplish the purposes of the Triune God, being obedient to HIS leading as the source of all creative arts.
The Worship Arts Pastor will:
1. Provide, or equip others to provide, musical, artistic, and theatrical expressions of worship on Sunday mornings, and to rehearse with the various teams during the week.
2. Promote excellence in the performing arts, the technical arts, and the applied arts by building teams who are skilled and gifted.
3. Mentor team members to increase in musical skill as well as Christ-like, healthy interaction with team members and congregation through their shared worship experience.
4. Model freedom in worship and encourage others to experience this freedom by bringing diversity in style, instrumentation, delivery, and people groups.
5. Integrate our young people into the Worship Arts Ministry to prepare them for leadership roles in their faith communities.
6. Responsibly plan and manage the approved budget for Worship Arts.
7. Communicate with the Ministry Support Manager to ensure that lyric sheets and song slides are prepared for each Sunday.
8. Finalize and produce the “order of worship” for Sunday services and make it available to the ministry support staff for dispersal.
9. Collaborate with the 2nd Street technical teams to manage maintenance of equipment for sound and visual uses.
10. Approve purchases and expenditures as needed.
11. Worship arts pastor will be responsible for the appearance and arrangement of the worship space on Sunday mornings.
12. Keep Planning Center software up-to-date to insure worship teams and sound techs have correct information for upcoming services.