The staff met this morning and formulated some ideas on how we can still stay connected and worship even when we are forced to be apart.
Here is a summary of what we will be doing to keep connected and keep track of everyone:
1. By the end of the day on Thursday we will be sending out a reflection and a study guide for both adults and children based on the sermon series we are currently in. Those can be used individually, or in a family or a small group. We will also provide links to songs on youtube that fit with the theme of the week.
2. Some of you may desire to meet in a small group. If you are willing to host a small group in your home, let the office know so we can help you contact people and set up a group. The purpose for the study guide coming out on Thursday is so that those groups don't necessarily have to meet on Sunday.
3. Janelle will be hosting a Zoom call every Sunday at 10am so those of us who want to hear each other's voices can connect that way. This group will be discussing the sermon topic and just generally sharing what is going on in their lives. If any of you would like to host a Zoom call as well, let us know and we'll help you set that up.
4. We will be setting up a discussion forum for to discuss the sermon topic, or other topics that come along, for those of you who would want to connect in that way.
5. The joy journal will also be moved online.
6. If anyone should have a need during that time (need someone to do their grocery shopping, run out of toilet paper, need a ride to an appointment, ....) let the office know and we will put the request out so someone can assist.
7. Remember we do have a Cares Fund for our 2nd Street Family. If any of you find yourself in financial need because of a loss of a job or a cut in hours because of the current situation let us know and we will do our best to help.
8. Don't forget to continue to support 2nd Street financially through your gifts and offerings. The ministries of the Church will still be ongoing even if they look far different than we are used to.
9. If you are in a position to contribute to the Cares Fund please do so. That will give us resources to help out other 2nd Streeters who find themselves in need.
10. We will also be setting up a phone network so we are able to keep track of everyone so we know how everyone is doing.
11. We will be sending out follow up emails to let you know how to take advantage of the options that work for you.
This is a very unsettling and disorienting time, but the church was created for times such as this. 2nd Street is present in Newberg for this specific time. Together we can come through stronger than before, and together we can be the hands and feet of Jesus when our community and each other.
I love you all,--