what is church?
WHAT KIND OF CHURCH IS 2ND STREET BECOMING? ...
When you and I, as followers of Jesus Christ, really begin to understand and embrace what Jesus requires of us, then the church will actually begin the process of BECOMING WHAT THE CHURCH IS SUPPOSED TO BE. Click on the link (The Parable Of The Sea) below and watch a video that raises this question through the use of a parable.
Here is some of my vision for what the church CAN and MUST BECOME if it’s going to make a difference in our lives and in the world …
1. THE CHURCH MUST EXIST AS A HOSPITAL.
2. THE CHURCH MUST EXIST AS A WORSHIP GATHERING.
3. THE CHURCH MUST EXIST AS A SCHOOL.
4. THE CHURCH MUST EXIST AS A RETREAT CENTER.
5. THE CHURCH MUST EXIST AS A SENDING STATION.
If Jesus Christ understand that being yoked with God is about surrendering to Jesus Christ as the King of the Kingdom of God, and to His moment-by-moment plans for our lives …
1. THE CHURCH CANNOT EXIST AS A COUNTRY CLUB OR A
2. THE CHURCH CAN'T EXIST AS A PERFORMANCE VENUE.
In ACTS 17:6 the Early Church is described as being the people "who were turning the world upside down." (NEW LIVING TRANSLATION) Friends, this is the kind of Jesus Christ-community 2nd Street is committed to being.
If you'd like to read further about What The Church Is CLICK HERE ...